Nanaimo – North Face
Nanaimo Regional Landfill
- SHA designed PVC final cover system for a portion of the North Face.
- Top soil was mixed on-site using local compost and sand.
- A leachate collector and armoured ditch were installed at the toe.
- Landfill gas was contained beneath the membrane and conveyed to a collection trench at the crest of the system.
- Closure was completed over 0.65 ha area over 2 months in 1999. • Total cost of closure was $400,000.
- SHA provided design, tender documents and project management services
Ms. Carey McIver (250) 390-6560